Sign in to follow this  
Alexandoy

Baguio City, Mountain Province

Mountain Province is the official name of that province situated on top of a mountain range. Baguio City is the flagship carrier of the province in terms of tourism. The Philippines is a tropical country but Baguio is mildly temperate with 20 degrees C of normal temperature during summer and dips below 10 degrees in the winter .The attraction of Baguio City is countless although the basic appeal are the fruits and vegetables of high quality, spots like Botanical Garden, horseback riding, boating and other activities for tourists. Even local tourists come to Baguio from time to time just to savor the cool weather and the good food. By the way, Baguio has a cultural flavor since there are natives wearing their tradition costume of g-stgring who are offering a selfie for a minimal fee. Souvenir items range from handicrafts to jewelries.

It's not called  a resort city for nothing. Baguio also has a lot of homegrown artists whom the locals are very proud of. BenCab museum, Oh My Gulay, Tam-awan Village, and Ili-likha Artist Village are just some places where you can go if you want to enjoy good food and art.

And speaking of food, there are lots of places to choose from (like really a lot). Vegetarians and vegans don't need to worry, too, because the city is vegan-friendly, so you won't be out of place and can enjoy the place without going hungry.

My tip is if you're going there after the summer season, don't forget to bring a sturdy umbrella because the afternoon rain there is quite something.

Edited by trea

I am loving that description! The temperatures are excellent, but naming it resort city makes is even more appealing. The fact that there is a lot of food offer makes me even more interested. Definitely a nice place to visit!

baguio-city-1.jpg

Baguio is also known as " THE SUMMER CAPITAL OF THE PHILIPPINES". This amazing place falls in the northern Luzon. This place always has a pleasant climate round the year. Since this is a hill station with almost an elevation of 5000 feet above mean sea level, the temperature is significantly cooler than other parts of The Philippines. This place is lush green with plenty of vegetation.

To get to Baguio from Manila, you may choose plenty of busses to travel. There is a bus service called "Victory liner" which has frequent and reliable services from Manila. The price of the ticket is around 300 PHP($6) for an air-conditioned bus with WiFi facility. The ride from Manila to Baguio takes approximately 5 hours. Once you get to Baguio, you will feel the ride was totally worth it  for the mesmerizing view. 

Getting along in Baguio is not a problem because the people there are very friendly and they would help you around to get a good deal for stayingThere are many places to see in Baguio, So I suggest to plan a trip which covers 3 days of stay if you want to see every place in Baguio. The best time to visit Baguio is between December and January as the rainfall is a little less and the temperatures  at its best.