Sign in to follow this  
luri

Sand Sea and Sex

They say sand, sea and sex are the three major attractions for travel. In Asia, it is generally believed that people travel to Thailand for massage (sex). Do you really believe that sand sea and sex are major travel attractions? Do people choose a certain destination just because of these three "S." Doe coastal area (sea and sand) gets more visitors than the hilly and mountainous area?

I don't want to sound negative but there are resorts in the Philippines that include sex in their services. In one province with a popular waterfall, there were cases of minors engaging in sexual favors to tourists with consent of their parents. In one beach resort, an overnight tryst with a hospitality girl/man is available at a price. I think this practice of sex for tourists is also present in some other Asian countries although I have no experience of that yet. 

1 hour ago, Alexandoy said:

I don't want to sound negative but there are resorts in the Philippines that include sex in their services. In one province with a popular waterfall, there were cases of minors engaging in sexual favors to tourists with consent of their parents. In one beach resort, an overnight tryst with a hospitality girl/man is available at a price. I think this practice of sex for tourists is also present in some other Asian countries although I have no experience of that yet. 

Right, a big problem for westerners traveling to certain parts of Asia (and other spots around the world) is the assumption they're going they're for sex.  This marks them as a low-life of sorts.  In that case, they might not be so quick to brag about overseas trips - even if, truth be said, they didn't engage in sex tourism, much less underage sex tourism.

Anyway, more developed nations are not off the suspicion list either.  For instance, in South Korea, despite the rich economy, houses of prostitution are literally on every corner. People and cops simply just don't care there, and the same is true in Japan.  It's definitely more open than in the US, even though the US has all the adult entertainment online and strip clubs.  

On 6/15/2017 at 5:19 PM, luri said:

They say sand, sea and sex are the three major attractions for travel. In Asia, it is generally believed that people travel to Thailand for massage (sex). Do you really believe that sand sea and sex are major travel attractions? Do people choose a certain destination just because of these three "S." Doe coastal area (sea and sand) gets more visitors than the hilly and mountainous area?

It is true. People travel because of the 3 S. I have a few friends who have weird fetishes. They always say that when they marry they will travel to Dubai to make babies. It may sound weird but I believe we have many others who travel for this purpose. The sand and sea are evident in coastal towns. In my country for instance, during holidays the beaches are always full. Some, (public ones) are so full that tracing a friend becomes a big problem if you do not have cell phones.

Talking about sand sea and sex as the major attractions to travelling to other places, well you maybe right. When I go to new places I like to a have knowledge of the land form, how arable the land is and others. I do also like the beach activities, the nature of rivers in the host community. 

That said, I have actually heard about tourists attraction to places like Thailand for massage(sex) as you put it. I have often wondered what is actually so esoteric about the outdoor or pub life there that gingers such popular travels.

There is always a dark side to this type of travel.  For instance, you don't know if AIDS is rampant.  Also, you might accidentally knock up some girls - leaving children that you may never know about.  Finally, you could get in with some underage girl, say 15 years of age, by accident and then get in trouble with the law via a crackdown or some extortion scheme.

Oh, by the way, some of your left behind kids could be aborted.  Wouldn't that be terrible - especially if you didn't believe in abortion?  

Edited by Frequent Flyer

They may be :D But I don't think that they are major. There are a lot of reasons why we travel, and of course, it really depends on where we travel. You won't see any sea on a mountain or so. I mostly travel to see some other cultures and meet new people, have some fun. When I travel to the sea, then the 3 S things are the major reasons.

I don't think people just travel to coastal areas just for the sake of sexual pleasure and I am surprised to hear that some hotels are offering that too. When we are traveling to enjoy the place why not stick to enjoying the serene beauty of nature rather than ending up in trouble for temporary pleasures in a new place.

5 hours ago, harijobs said:

I don't think people just travel to coastal areas just for the sake of sexual pleasure and I am surprised to hear that some hotels are offering that too. When we are traveling to enjoy the place why not stick to enjoying the serene beauty of nature rather than ending up in trouble for temporary pleasures in a new place.

Regarding certain nations, I doubt if that's the case.  Note all these nations have a rich culture, but let's not kid ourselves.  The vast majority of tourists are coming for sex.   I mean, why are we shocked that the subject is always brought up by taxi drivers and tour guides?  

Anyway,  in those nations, such desires for tourists are not considered abnormal, generally.  However, though, a lot of girls would be highly insulted to think they are for sale.  In other words, I'm speaking of the assumption that - the foreigner can have anything they want, a girl in bed or a marriage partner.  However, then again, like rock stars, tourists are often in a state of narcissistic delusion, fed by the tour guide and others. 

Edited by Frequent Flyer

I believe that people travel to a certain country for sand sea and sex. However the 3S is not a major attraction for traveling. If it was why are more people traveling to France and New Zealand rather than Thailand (which is famous for sex). Why one million people travel to my home country where there is no sand and sea and sex is illegal. people come to see mountains here. People have various areas of interest. 

6 hours ago, luri said:

I believe that people travel to a certain country for sand sea and sex. However the 3S is not a major attraction for traveling. If it was why are more people traveling to France and New Zealand rather than Thailand (which is famous for sex). Why one million people travel to my home country where there is no sand and sea and sex is illegal. people come to see mountains here. People have various areas of interest. 

Some nations like Japan have a lot of sex and it's fairly legal, or at least, the prohibition isn't enforced.   Nonetheless, the vast majority of people are not coming there for sex.  Anyway, I'm not sure about the price in Japan, but the price in South Korea, at least for short visits, is fairly affordable.  Nonetheless, again, sex isn't the main attraction there like Thailand, no offense to anyone.  

Note, Thailand is a main attraction for adult entertainment because a Westerner can have women - for a long extended amount time - maybe even weeks.  Such stuff simply isn't possible in the west - unless you're rich.

Edited by Frequent Flyer